Partnering with New York City's Metropolitan Transit Authority Bridges & Tunnels (MTA B&T) and the New York Power Authority (NYPA), LSI Industries developed and produced an innovative LED necklace light system to upgrade the Verrazano Narrows Bridge lighting. We are pleased to say that the 262 mercury vapor fixtures have been successfully replaced by 262 Crossover® LED NL fixtures. When compared to the previous mercury vapor fixtures, the new Crossover LED lighting benefits are significant -
• Dramatically more efficient light distribution
• Improved visibility due to clean, white light
• 73% reduction in energy use
• Longer life expectancy – more than double the life of mercury vapor fixtures
• Significant maintenance savings - over 65% reduction in roadway closings for repair work
• Reduced hazardous waste disposal
LSI is currently engaged with MTA B&T and NYPA on several other bridge lighting upgrade projects using LED light fixtures, including the Robert F. Kennedy (RFK) Bridge, in New York.